Sunday, November 10, 2013

Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Recently our class took a personality test, the Myers-Briggs one to be specific. My results tell me I am an ESTP type. The ESTP type bears this description:

 "Flexible and tolerant, they take a pragmatic approach focused on immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them – they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here-and-now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing."

I think this is very accurate. I cant learn well if I'm just sitting at a desk listening to a lecture. I find it easier to do it, as well as have a fun, laid back environment. I also like to enjoy the moment, and hate when i have to think ahead and worry about things in the future.

The information i could get from the test can help me understand others, because i can have access to how their personalities blend with mine. Since there are 16 personality types, that means there's at least 16 ways to interpret or do something. I could learn about the different personalities so I could interact better with more people.

This can also help answer the question "What does it mean to be human?". This makes me believe that there might not be a specific answer to this question. If there are 16 different personality types, then there are 16 different types of people and they all act and think differently. This just farther proves how humanity is natural diverse and how everyone is unique.

1 comment:

  1. Knowing that there are (at least) 16 distinct personality types, how can that help you better understand human's similarities and differences?

    ReplyDelete